Probate Court Case Manager (Court Program Specialist II) (2 Vacancies)
Main - 205 N. Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach, FL
NEW SALARY: $51,572.02 (annual salary of $49,169.98 plus competitive area differential pay of $2,402.04). This position is a perfect opportunity for persons seeking to start a career with the courts OR for persons who are retired and would like to supplement their monthly income and obtain great benefits. A Probate Case Manager is responsible for maintaining and tracking compliance with Florida Statutes, Rules of Procedure and local rule requirements governing probate estates and guardianship cases. Work involves tracking and monitoring caseloads and guiding cases through the appropriate court processes. This position will travel between courthouses while working under direct supervision of the Probate Operations Manager and is reviewed through reports, conferences, and results achieved.
· Reviews estates and guardianship cases.
· Reviews daily ex-parte files, both estates and guardianships as received from the Clerk and Comptroller’s Office.
· Reads and prepares checklist and status orders and affixes all necessary stamps on orders and letters.
· Communicates with attorneys and interested parties orally and in writing regarding additional requirements or documents needed to advance the administration of the estate or guardianship.
· Responds to calls from attorneys and interested parties for file reviews, procedural instructions and instructions to update inactive guardianships.
· Sends files and orders to the judge for signature and/or further instructions.
· Purges estates and guardianship files pending beyond the statutory guidelines and performs related administrative functions.
The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment for this classification.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, criminal justice, psychology, or a closely related field and three years of professional administrative related experience.
· Experience in Probate Law.
Relevant experience and/or education may substitute for the recommended minimum qualifications on a year-for-year basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
· Working knowledge of laws, court rules, procedures and policies and legal documents and legal factors pertaining to the court of assignment.
· Knowledge of the organization, operations, functions and jurisdiction of the court of assignment and case management.
· Knowledge of e-filing and e-scheduling. Knowledge of the rules of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
· Must be highly organizes and pay close attention to details.
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally.
· Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other court personnel and outside agencies, legal professionals, litigants, and the general public.
NOTICE: Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will continue to be received until the position is filled. Submission of an application does not guarantee the applicant an interview. Applicants will be subject to a criminal background check. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on any of the protected classes.
Americans with Disabilities (ADA): If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation in order to participate in the interviewing process once selected, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, Palm Beach County Courthouse, 205 North Dixie Highway West Palm Beach, Florida 33401; telephone number (561) 355-4380 at least 7 days before your scheduled either in-person or telephonic interview; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call “711.”
15th Judicial Circuit Court (FL)
205 N. Dixie Highway
West Palm Beach, Florida, 33401
Trial Court Administrator